Here at Band Back Together, we have a lot of people working behind the scenes to make sure everything runs smoothly. Who knew that running a site like this took so much work?
But it does and we have some of the most amazing volunteers who give their time, energy, brains and inspiration to us so that Band Back Together can do what we do -- bust stigmas in the ass and inspire others to use their voice to tell their story.
To thank our Brains Behind The Band, we are going to be interviewing and highlighting them. Please give them some love, thanks and help us make them feel appreciated.
We couldn't do it without them.
Today, we want to introduce you to Dawn Everard. Dawn has been given 20 questions to answer to help you all get to know her better! Enjoy!
2. What do you do for Band Back Together? I’m one of the Team Leads for resource pages, which is amazing. Those resources can mean all the difference to people reading the posts. I’m also Team Lead for our Google+ social media page. You should come check our page out, we play games over there!
3. What’s your go-to outfit when you’re going to the grocery store? Once upon a time it was a pair of scrubs I had obtained from a doctor friend. SHUT UP, don’t judge me. Scrubs are super comfortable. But then I realized I looked like a tool, so now it’s a t-shirt and cargo pants. I know. Not much better.
4. If you won 47 million dollars in the lottery, what would you do first with it? Roll in it. Just kidding you guys, money is filthy. I would do all the responsible stuff first like pay off debt and buy a house, and then I would hand a bunch out to people who need it more. Then I would throw a big ass concert with one of my favorite bands for all my BB2G family to enjoy with me.
5. Team Edward or Team Jacob or Team I-Don’t-Know-What-You’re-Talking-About? Can I be Team Johhny Depp? Because yum.
6. What is the most eye-opening thing you’ve learned from your association with Band Back Together? That I am tougher than I thought, and I suck at taking my own advice.
7. Why are you so awesome? My awesomeness cannot be quantified with words. It must be experienced.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Up. I’ve always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon, but I have a fear of falling. So someday I will travel up, and it will be glorious.
9. Sex scenes in a book -- do you read them or skip them? I read them and giggle. Then I read them out loud to whoever will listen and giggle with me. I don’t read on the trains much anymore...
10. Toilet paper - over or under? Over, always over. it’s easier to grab that way.
11. When I grow up I want to be … Happy. I don’t care what my job is, as long as I’m happy.
12. If you were a superhero, what would you do? What would your name be? Wow, for a comic book nerd I can’t believe I don’t have an answer. Truly, I have no idea what power I would want, or what name I would have. With power comes great responsibility you know.
13. Bacon or sausage? (as I know there are some non-bacon lovers out there) Bacon. And I mean real bacon. If you have to put a word with it, it’s not real bacon. (My apologies to Canadian bacon and turkey bacon, also known as diet bacon.)
14. Cupcake or doughnut? (although, really, is there a choice?) I’m a cupcake addict. Who doesn’t love a personal cake that no one else has put their hands all over? However, having said that, I’m on my way right now to get coffee and a donut. So there’s that.
15. Where is your favorite place in the world? Anywhere I’m with my friends. Whether it’s a cabin in the woods, a beach, a tourist hotspot, or just the coffee shop down the street, just being with the people I care about makes me happy. That’s my favorite place.
16. What are your favorite activities for fun? When I was little, a librarian told me that books are the poor man’s vacation. She told me that after an entire summer of me spending every day with her while all the other kids went to exotic places like Tampa or Maine. (What, I was little, those were exotic back then.) So I guess you could say reading.
17. Where are you from, or where did you grow up? I grew up in the south, kind of all over. My mother liked to move a lot for various reasons. But I spent the high school years up north. So I learned all those cute southernisms, but without the accent now.
18. Winter or Summer? I like the transition from winter to summer, and summer to winter. I like to see the seasons changing.
19. Mac or PC? Mac for sure. I’ll work on either, but I’m more comfortable with a Mac.
20. What do you hope to leave as your legacy a long time from now when you are gone from this world? You are part of my legacy. I hope that all the work I do at BB2G gets carried on from me to you, and so on. Because the work we do here is changing lives, and it’s bigger than me; bigger than any of us.