Here at Band Back Together, we have a lot of people working behind the scenes to make sure everything runs smoothly. Who knew that running a site like this took so much work?
But it does and we have some of the most amazing volunteers who give their time, energy, brains and inspiration to us so that Band Back Together can do what we do -- bust stigmas in the ass and inspire others to use their voice to tell their story.
To thank our Brains Behind The Band, we are going to be interviewing and highlighting them. Please give them some love, thanks and help us make them feel appreciated.
We couldn't do it without them.
I'm totally inspired by her because, at 42, she just got her college degree! Congratulations, Cindy! The Band is so very proud of you!
Now, welcome Cindy.
2. What do you do for Band Back Together? I mostly work on resource pages, and I I try and help spread the word.
3. What’s your go-to outfit when you’re going to the grocery store? Generally, my go-to outfit when I go to the grocery store is something I love, like skinny jeans and a jacket, because it serves as my armor. (I hate hate hate going to the grocery store!) You can bet your sweet ass I’m wearing stilettos, though, because there is nothing more empowering than a great shoe. (Just ask Cinderella about that if you don’t believe that one shoe can indeed change a life.)
4. If you won 47 million dollars in the lottery, what would you do first with it? Pay off student loans.
5. Team Edward or Team Jacob or Team I-Don’t-Know-What-You’re-Talking-About?
I know what you’re talking about and I just don’t care. If I told you I was team Jean-Claude and NOT team Richard, would you know what I was talking about? (Jana's note: yes. I'm neither team Edward nor Team Jacob, either)
6. What is the most eye-opening thing you’ve learned from your association with Band Back Together? Being #withtheband has helped me become more connected to humanity. Does that count?
7. Why are you so awesome? Because I can lay out a concert stage in 5-inch heels? Because I can google-finger at the speed of light? Because Aunt Becky says so? Because I say I am awesome? Maybe it’s all of the above and then some.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I want to see Cuba, live and in person.
9. Sex scenes in a book -- do you read them or skip them? I can’t tell you when is the last time I read a book. Oh yeah, Hamlet, for that English paper. Were there sex scenes in Hamlet? I don’t remember; I’ve slept since then.
10. Toilet paper - over or under? Under, but I’m just happy if Sunshine replaces the roll when he empties it.
11. When I grow up I want to be … Um, if I am 42 and haven’t grown up yet, don’t hold your breath.
12. If you were a superhero, what would you do? What would your name be? I am a superhero. What, you didn’t know?
13. Bacon or sausage? (as I know there are some non-bacon lovers out there) Bacon.
14. Cupcake or doughnut? (although, really, is there a choice?) Which is closer to my right hand? Because that one’s our winner.
15. Where is your favorite place in the world? home.
16. What are your favorite activities for fun? Shopping. Listening to music. Playing with my little doggie. Did I mention shopping?
17. Where are you from, or where did you grow up? The ATL, baby. The 404. Hotlanta. I’m a Georgia Peach, y’all.
18. Winter or Summer? I prefer fall, when the world appears to be dying. Also, cashmere becomes a viable option, and cashmere is good.
19. Mac or PC? The mark of the beast is NOT going to be 666 tattooed on your forehead. It is the Windows OS on your devices. (Can I say that here? If not, then simply say that I hate Windows and only use it because Sunshine’s business already owned all its software for Windows, which ruled out Mac for my latest machine.)
20. What do you hope to leave as your legacy a long time from now when you are gone from this world? If I can touch one life, then I have fulfilled my purpose. I hope to show someone somewhere that they do not have to live the way I used to live; that no addict need ever die from the horrors of addiction; that domestic violence is bullshit and you, too, can escape it; that there is hope; that you are not alone. If I can do any one of those things, I have done something major, something epic, something huge.