Here at Band Back Together, we have a lot of people working behind the scenes to make sure everything runs smoothly. Who knew that running a site like this took so much work?
But it does and we have some of the most amazing volunteers who give their time, energy, brains and inspiration to us so that Band Back Together can do what we do -- bust stigmas in the ass and inspire others to use their voice to tell their story.
To thank our Brains Behind The Band, we are going to be interviewing and highlighting them. Please give them some love, thanks and help us make them feel appreciated.
We couldn't do it without them.
She has been given 20 questions to answer to help you all get to know her better! Enjoy!
2. What do you do for Band Back Together? I work on the Marketing Team!
3. What’s your go-to outfit when you’re going to the grocery store? Jeans, t-shirt/tank top, flip flops or Chuck Taylor’s and one of the things I cannot do without... mascara!
4. If you won 47 million dollars in the lottery, what would you do first with it? It’s so hard to decide what I’d do first, but I would definitely buy a nice car, a house, help my family with money, and give oodles of money to The Band so that we could help even more people.
5. Team Edward or Team Jacob or Team I-Don’t-Know-What-You’re-Talking-About? I know what you’re talking about but frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.
6. What is the most eye-opening thing you’ve learned from your association with Band Back Together? I think one of the most eye-opening things I’ve learned is that there are people in the world that understand what I’m going through. I have never felt more supported, cared for, or loved in my life. The friends that I’ve made through Band Back Together are very important to me and I know that they will always be there for me when I need them.
7. Why are you so awesome? You know there are many things that make me awesome. I’m a classic film buff, I love rock ‘n roll, and I’ve got ten (and counting) tattoos, but the most awesome thing about me is that I’m a good friend. Try me!
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I’ve always wanted to travel the world so I’d go everywhere. Europe, China, Australia, South America, I want to see it all.
9. Sex scenes in a book -- do you read them or skip them? Read them... slowly. I may even write a few.
10. Toilet paper - over or under? Over of course! Under is weird and wrong.
11. When I grow up I want to be … A rock star, a Broadway star, and a Pulitzer Prize winning author.
12. If you were a superhero, what would you do? What would your name be? My name would be Super Siren! My super power would be singing really high notes that would drive the villains mad, mad I tell you!
13. Bacon or sausage? (as I know there are some non-bacon lovers out there) It depends on my mood but I like them both. Here piggy piggy!
14. Cupcake or doughnut? (although, really, is there a choice?) There really isn’t a choice. I mean, let’s face it, they are both sugary treats and that means yum.
15. Where is your favorite place in the world? Austin, TX or Maine.
16. What are your favorite activities for fun? I love singing karaoke and watching old movies. I also enjoy 80’s & 90’s TV sitcoms like The Golden Girls (I consider myself a Dorothy only with a better love life), The Cosby Show (Clair and Cliff Huxtable are the perfect couple), and Seinfeld (I can’t get enough Costanza & Benes). Also, I Love Lucy is my all-time favorite TV show and I will watch it anytime I get the chance.
17. Where are you from, or where did you grow up? I’m from Southeast Texas. Most of my family still lives there.
18. Winter or Summer? Winter for sure. I cannot stand being hot and sweating like a pig. Bleh!
19. Mac or PC? I have a PC. I’ve never really used a Mac, but I’d probably dig it.
20. What do you hope to leave as your legacy a long time from now when you are gone from this world? I want my nieces and nephews to know that I worked hard to help others and that I was a kind and caring person. I want my legacy to be one of service to others and friendship to many. If I can help even one person by telling my story or by listening to theirs, I will be happy.